Sunday, August 07, 2005

JEDI

Well they said we couldn't do it so we Just Efin Did It.
Gill was installed this week and so now our primary network is complete.

A small step for man and all that.

Many thanks to Locust World and DalesIT and especially Joel for all his skill, and to Martin for the strength of his arm and his long fencing post and his field. Martin is amazed at the speed that he can download his model aeroplane photos. The luddite is a reformed character.


Power to the people.
Chris

2 Comments:

At Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:20:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell M he's a reformed character. He much prefers to be Luddite! He might even go digital for Land Rover! What a 21st Century power mover!

 
At Monday, August 08, 2005 10:18:00 am, Blogger chris said...

It is a joy to let people experience broadband for the first time, they can never believe how good it is until they try.
I wish I had been a fly on the wall...

His dad got running water to my farm 25 years ago, and it is history repeating itself when I was part of the team who got another utility (broadband) to his business. I have paid my debt to his family? After all these years I still appreciate turning on a tap in summer rather than going down to the river to wash nappies.

Rural locations need JEDI people, otherwise we are left behind as we are not economic.

I hope Martin enjoys his broadband as much as I enjoy having water here.

We had to use dynamite and massive diggers to get water, all we had to find for Martin was Rocking Horse do-da.

But we did it, power to the people, water to the people, broadband to the people.

Chris (part of the JEDI team)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home